Sunday, February 11, 2007

A Poke In The Eye With A Sharp Stick

While getting ready for work today, I once again poked my eye with my mascara wand. I think I have done this about 19 million times in my adult life. Mascara and make up in general, kind of go against all those things we are taught when we are growing up.

"Don't wave anything sharp around your face. You might put your eye out." Uh, yeah...about every third time I put on mascara, I manage to poke my eye. Of course, going without mascara is a bit more scary than the Tammy Faye Baker look I manage to always pull off when I use the stuff.


"Let everyone see the real you. Beauty comes from the inside." Probably true but it is kind of hard getting past my pastey face when I don't wear make up.

I don't mind make up, it's just not one of my favorite things to do. It is a requirement, kind of like flossing and wearing my stupid night retainer. But I can't put it on a list of my favorite things to do.

I wonder if this makes me a slave to face fashion?

No comments: