It really isn't a big whoop that today is my birthday. I have long ago gotten past the thrill of the day. :-)
What was great was the unexpected surprise I got last night. Brandon called! It was so good to hear his voice. The better surprise was his travails for the past few weeks. I swear God is smiling on me.
He left for Combat Readiness training a couple of weeks ago. He was to fly from CRC to somewhere on the East Coast (after training) and then fly from there to his destination. Mother Nature had other plans. He was scheduled to fly on Valentine's Day to JFK. Of course, that didn't happen with the wicked storm we had. The flights were rescheduled and he is going to be in Baltimore today! What a great birthday surprise....I get to see my first born before he leaves.
The call was kind of comical. He called me at work and I immediately said "Gosh, this is a great connection." LOL. I had no clue he was in Atlanta!
I am so excited to see him. Little does he know the whole family is coming up to have an dinner with him. He thinks it is just going to be me. Turning the tables will be fun.
So thanks to God and Mother Nature, I get a great birthday gift...unexpected and cherished.
Wednesday, February 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hooray for Mother Nature!
I know you'll have a memorable birthday and I'm so happy about that. You deserve a wonderful day!
Post a Comment