Unfortunately, Friday we had a severe storm roll through and our beautiful Bradford Pear split in half. So this weekend was spent chopping, sawing, dropping and yanking various and assundry tree parts to the dump. Funny, I was very sad when it happened but you know, it really opens up the front of the house and you can see the front. It also adds more light to the front rooms of the house.
Brandon and Cameron turned 24 Saturday. We celebrated in our "traditional" way with a dinner at Red Lobster. It is kind of comical because none of us really care for Red Lobster but we have made it there every July 22nd since we moved here. (With the exception of the year both of them were in Iraq and Afghanistan.) It truly makes me happy to see them doing so well as adults. I miss having them as little boys though.
Speaking of little boys, Kai was carefully writing on a sheet of paper and then asked "How do spell stink?" I told him and he finished writing and went upstairs to what I thought was his room. Nope, he left a note for his brother...."You stink Jase."
Hey Cameron got to meet the Governor of Virginia. I asked him if he told the Governor I did't vote for him. He wasn't amused.
I got a call from a women's voting group to write an article for their newsletter. Cool. She had read my previous article about apathy and the American voter and wanted me to tailor it to their group. (I guess I am to be a harbinger of bad tidings if they don't get off their duffs.) So we went through a few questions and then I asked what format and the deadline. Her response? "Oh, I really don't care. Whenever you can get it here." Hmm, sounds like apathy runs amok.
Monday, July 24, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Happy Birthday Brandon and Cameron! Wow 24!
LMAO at Kai. He cracks me up. ;-)
I can't believe your "baby boys" are 24! WOW!
Post a Comment