Wednesday, July 26, 2006

You are Outta Here

So we were to meet the grading contractor at the new house. Today was to begin the final grade and landscaping for closing in September. What a fiasco.

So Charles & I show up at our agreed to time and wait and wait. Finally Keith shows up about an hour late and apologizes for being late. We walk one more time through everything he has agreed to in the cost of the bid (which we have everything in writing...thank God.) I notice he starts interjecting comments such as "If I do it this way, it will look a lot nicer but it will cost you more." We politely decline each time. We leave after going through everything.

We had to run out there to pick up a toy Kai left later this afternoon and the grading guy has his very rude and belligerent brother with him. The guy starts screaming at us! He says he needs double of what his brother agreed to (in writing) or he was walking off the job. I was so proud of my husband, this guy was looking for a physical altercation and Charles dismissed him like a housefly. Charles kept telling him no, it's not going to happen.

After 20 minutes of in your face confrontation with this tool, Charles finally looks at him and says You're Outta Here...thanks but no thanks.

My husband is a class act. He never once raised his voice or his fist. But just with his demeanor he let them know who was in charge.

We are now looking for a grading contractor. The fun never ends on this project.

2 comments:

Veronica Burchard said...

Nicely done, Charles. :)

Gators_Rule said...

What I want to know is how did Charles restrain you from hitting the guy?