Monday, January 29, 2007

The Daffy Duck Liberal Look

This isn't a great missive or even a decent piece of writing...it is what it is, a rant.

I don't have a great deal of respect for liberals. While they wrap themselves in the cloak of free speech, very few have a grasp of the cost of that speech.

My son is leaving for his second tour in Afghanistan soon. His twin brother was in Iraq for a year and my husband just had his orders to Iraq canceled. As you can see, our home is kind of a revolving door of call to colors. And we wouldn't have it any other way.

When I told my liberal friend that Brandon was heading back to Afghanistan, the response began. (And they all do it.)

First, there is a noise...somewhere between a sigh and a condescending cluck.

Then the face screws up in this Daffy Duck, "poor pitiful you" look.

Followed by the perfunctory, "Oh man, I wish this war was over." Note to liberals...so do we.

My favorite comment though is "I support the troops but not the war." Um, 'scuse me but do you realize how stupid that makes you sound? Saying you support the troops but not the war is tantamount to saying you support bathtubs but not bathing. What's the point? No troop in their right mind believes for a nanosecond that you think they are any brighter than pond scum or that you care one whit about their welfare....They humor you because it is your right of free speech. The little thing they protect...remember?

To all the troops out there, to all the veterans, to all those who remember the words to the Star Spangled Banner, I offer my deepest and purest of thank yous. You are all my heroes, I believe in you and what you stand for.

For the rest of you, you can kiss my red, white, and blue right wing backside. You exercise your right to free speech, I am now exercising mine.

No comments: